Sunday, January 4, 2009

Easy for Your Eyes

I always thought that writing really long sentences, with a bountiful of commas in between and high usage of those "joining" words in conjunction with more commas, such as the commas before this part and after this part, would be able to convey more information and seem not only more interesting, but also informative, different, wonderful as well as an outlet to demonstrate my proficiency (or the lack of it) in my E.

Long sentences like above. Do. Not. Do. Well.

I should face the fact that we generally prefer shorter sentences. Bite-size string of words that are easy to comprehend. Not really my style, but that applies is the same as wearing clothes in public. Okay, ignore that thing about clothes.

Shorter sentences make you happy, people?

However, I did feel the need for smart paragraphing. Paragraphs that cycle between long ones, medium ones and one-liners in between. That proved to be easy on my eyes.

But easy on your eyes?

Seems to be that most people do not have a specific ability. Ability to comprehend as I do.

Above was my attempt at reducing what I would normally string into much, much longer sentences into small bite-size, highly understandable ones instead.
Have you finished biting and chewing?

Because I feel that that is going to be one of my few attempts at prolonged shortened sentences. I prefer writing long, it abodes more meaning by the positioning of certain subjects and the sentence's overall arrangement. The same thing may be written slightly differently but in terms of meaning, changes significantly.

Actually I planned to give an example demonstrating what I meant above. Something like tear, my eye was full of tears because it was full of tears. But that actually is a play on words, not writing skills.

And I plan to elaborate, but hunger has gotten the better half of me.

So much for being easy on your eyes, get used to it!

No comments: